As an independent publisher I operate a bit differently to some of the “big guys”. The focus here is on children’s books that are empowering and affirming – stories that inspire your kids to change the world.
Our first release is now available for pre-orders through Kickstarter!
And you can preview our first book here:
Do you have a story to tell?
I’m currently taking submissions for picture books and chapter books aimed at babies, toddlers, preschool and primary school-aged children. Fiction and non-fiction. Writers and illustrators living in Australia only please. I’m open to a range of topics and genres but am particularly interested in:
- Books about nature, the environment, native animals and plants
- Books that inspire creativity
- Social justice and climate justice topics
- Authors/illustrators from culturally diverse backgrounds, particularly Aboriginal Australians
- Unique or under-represented voices
How to submit a manuscript:
Please email your manuscript and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cover letter should answer the following questions:
- What is the intended audience/age range for your book?
- Please give me the one paragraph elevator pitch.
- Many publishers will ask about similar books on the market – but I want to know what makes your book different? Why does this story need to be told?
- Do you have any interest in or experience facilitating workshops with children? (It’s ok if the answer to both of these questions is “no.”)
Please email email@example.com with links to your portfolio/website/Facebook page/Instagram account. Tell me a little bit about yourself and why you’re interested in Loose Parts Press. All portfolios will be kept on file and I will reach out if there is a project that may be suitable.