Episode Description: When Dad brings a pair of tenacious tickle crabs home from the beach, no where in the house is safe! His only hope of escaping their tickles is with help from his true love.
- Whilst tickle crabs don’t like to stay in the ocean long, we’re going under the sea to learn about ocean creatures today. So of course, let’s start with crabs:
- No crabs to be seen, but you can check out sharks, dugongs, whales and more with these live ocean cams from around the world.
- We may be missing our beach outings, but there’s so much you can do to bring the beach to you through sensory play. Sand, seashells, water, foam… see what you can put together or try making some sand slime, ocean moon dough, or a frozen shaving cream ocean.
- Make a salt + water colour sea creature painting. The link is for a jellyfish, but you could certainly do a crab, fish, octopus, seahorse, even a coral reef. Just beware that since you need to let the glue dry this is a two-part process, so might be good to start early.
- Incorporate a bit of geography by identifying and labelling all the oceans (and continents). You can have some interesting discussions around the question: where does one ocean end and another begin?
- Sure, you know how to crab walk – but have you ever played crab soccer? Or this indoor version with a balloon?