Episode Description: At the weekend, Bluey and Bingo are playing in the garden with Dad. But Bingo gets upset when she discovers a walking leaf insect and Dad is too caught up in the game to notice.
- If you didn’t know, this was the pilot episode of Bluey – and also maybe the only one where the game at its centre isn’t in the title. You can play the Bluey version of “Statues”, “Musical Statues” or “Statue-Maker“.
- Why not have a go at sculpting some real statues? If you don’t have clay on hand, here are some ideas to try:
- I suppose this episode is more iconic for its beautiful moment with Bingo and the leaf insect. So, why not learn more about leaf insects ,other camouflaging animals and insects, and why animals camouflage themsevles.
- Now seems like a good time to head outdoors and spot insects and other “minibeasts” by doing a scavenger hunt or creating field notes to record all the creepy crawlies you find.
- If you’re more comfortable with insects of the plastic variety you can still do lots, like some insect sensory play (pictured above), small world play, or excavating insects from ice.
- And of course you can make insects out of real leaves – and other natural materials you collect while outside bug-spotting.