Episode Description: Forced to wait five minutes in front of a restaurant for their takeaway order, Bluey and Bingo become restless for entertainment, pushing the very limits of Dad’s patience.
- Make your own takeaway menus and then setup a pretend restaurant. Making receipts is always a great way to add in maths (see also Kids and Hammerbarn). You could write/draw a simple menu or design one – my kids and I like using Canva together. Canva has heaps of free templates – including menus.
- Add fortune cookies to the menu by making your own out of paper. Write your own silly fortunes or…
- Why not take the opportunity to learn some basic Chinese words? Here are some websites to get you started:
- While you’re at it watch a video to learn about:
- Don’t forget the spring rolls! My kids really enjoy making rice paper rolls because it’s pretty fool-proof. Spring rolls are a bit more work but super tasty. And if they can’t help with the frying, they can help with the prep. Here are some recipes to try:
- Burn off a bit of energy by taking a “shower” outside under the tap, or hose – or use a watering can or spray bottle. Join in the fun! After all, a person never has a chance to be young again!