Episode Description: Bluey needs Mum’s advice on dealing with a troublesome neighbour, when the serenity of her couch cushion playhouse is threatened by Bingo’s growing stable of animals.
- Set up a neighbourhood in your house just like Bluey. If you don’t have enough couch cushions (why do the Healers have so many??) you could create borders by hanging sheets, using large cardboard boxes or whatever idea your kids are bound to come up with.
- Draw a map of your street/neighbourhood/suburb. You could consult Google Maps street view for help. Here’s a free download to get you started.
- Connect with a neighbour. Easier said than done these days but if you’re in a position to help someone vulnerable in your community or help boost the morale on your block, here are a few ideas:
- Print out and leave some “How can I help?” cards in your neighbours’ letter boxes.
- Bake or cook something for your neighbours to leave at their doorstep.
- As long as you practise good hygiene this should be safe.
- Organise a neighbourhood scavenger hunt, done from a distance of course.
- Hold a social distance dance party.
- Brighten up the neighbourhood by making some kindness rocks or some other random acts of art.
- Take a cue from Bluey and Chilli and start a book club – via Zoom. This is a great way for your kids to stay connected with a couple of friends – or you could even suggest to their classroom teacher, taking their reading groups online. Here’s a list of websites offering free children’s books online. Come up with some questions for discussion – here’s some good starters.
NEW!! I made a “NEIGHBOURHOOD SCAVENGER HUNT” you can download and print out!