Episode Description: Bingo and Bluey have five minutes to bed, just enough time to race to the summit of Mount Mumandad! But facing powerful storms, avalanches and stinky spots this will take teamwork.
- If you’re ok with being climbed all over, then by all means, play “Mount Mumandad” – alternatively “Mount Sofa” or “Mount Bed” work well. Let the kids pack their back-packs full of supplies.
- Make some supplies yourself – like toilet roll binoculars, flags to plant in the ground, or even a map to guide the trip! Simply let the kids draw their own map or try one of these ideas:Vintage Treasure Map
Map with Legend
Simple Printable Map to Colour
- Mountains (and avalanches!) also easily tie into geography or earth science projects. Here are some ideas:Make a 3D Topographic Map
Paper Cones to Identify Mountains of the World
Make a Landform Diorama
Easy DIY “Kerplunk” or Avalanche Game
- Get out and do some climbing! You don’t need to take the kids abseiling, but where else can they climb and build those gross motor skills? Rock formations, climbing frames, trees, ladders… If you’ve got the skills and resources you could even build an indoor climbing space.
- You don’t need a special deck of cards to play SNAP! Bust out a deck and teach the kids some classic card games – here’s a great ist if you need a reminder.