Episode Description: When Mum and Dad describe a made-up world where they can relax without the girls, Bluey and Bingo decide to burst into their fantasy and chase them down. How will Mum and Dad escape?
- It’s all about storytelling today, so start there. Your kids can invent their own “escape” story, or come up with anything they want. Try some story prompts if they struggle to get started and encourage them to think about the beginning, middle and end.
- Alternatively you could make some story stones or print some story dice to craft a story. Or play the game where the kids alternate sentences to tell a story together.
- Once you’ve got it written down, it’s time to bring the story to life! Here are some cool projects your kids can try (note: you may want to decide on the medium before writing the story).
- Combined with the above or as a separate activity, have the kids draw their own “dream house”. Let them draw it completely from scratch or you may want to follow a tutorial on how to create a basic house shape. What kind of rooms would they have? What colours would it be painted? Where would it be?
- While you’re drawing, now seems like a good time to learn how to draw Bluey!
- Lastly, you can’t make a great escape without a parachute! Try one of these ideas to create one:
- Plastic bag and straw parachute
- Paper napkin and wool yarn parachute
- Coffee filter and pipe cleaner parachute
- Or better yet, have the kids design their own. Let them choose what materials they use, test them out and see how they can improve upon their designs. Learn about the science of how parachutes work.