Episode Description: Bluey’s playgroup is at odds when Indy’s baby hospital collides with Rusty’s knights and dragons. But in explaining themselves, they find their games actually have a lot in common.
- I don’t know about you, but my kids spend a large chunk of their time playing variations on “baby hospital” and “mums and dads” (I nearly did “Mums and Dads” for this lesson and it is basically a sequel if you want to include it here.) if you want to extend their play here are some ideas:
- Speaking of which, kids love looking at their old baby photos. You could also collect baby photos of family members and friends and turn it into a game of trying to guess the baby. We’ve all played this one at a baby shower, right?
- Learn about how babies grow!
- I’m not going to tell you how or when to talk to your kids about how babies are conceived, but if it comes up What Makes a Baby is the best book I’ve read on the subject. It’s gender-neutral, inclusive and factual.
- Learn about life in a baby hospital and meet a midwife.
- Lest we leave out Rusty’s side of the story…