Episode Description: When Bluey has a playdate at Chloe’s, Bingo must learn how to play by herself. But all the games she knows need more than one person! Luckily Dad has a problem that needs solving.
- Today is all about games, puzzles and problem-solving, so let’s start with the titular game. I present to you: BINGO BINGO! The link takes you to a pdf you can print out of Bingo-themed Bingo sheets I put together.
- If you’re bored of all your jigsaw puzzles already, try one of these DIY options:
- Another option is to re-purpose a puzzle. If you’ve got one you never play anymore you could upcycle it by repainting it with a new picture or if you’re missing pieces, you could re-purpose it into a fun art or craft project.
- There’s nothing like a good STEM project for building problem solving skills. Try some of these:
- Ideas for solving real-world problems using STEM (looking at filters for clean drinking water, creating solar stoves, etc.)
- Do a 12 Straw Challenge – the idea is to use 12 straws plus various bits and bobs to create different kinds of structures.
- Teach your kids how to code without a screen – using a deck of cards and some toys.
- Now that we know Kiwi birds are brown, challenge your kids to make a Kiwi toy. (If they need help coming up with ideas – they could fold one out of paper, mould one with clay, re-purpose and old sock, maybe even us a kiwi fruit??)
- And learn all about the Kiwi and other birds from New Zealand here.