Episode Description: Mum and Dad are going on an adventure wearing the kids as their cheeky backpacks! Seeing the sights and buying street food, backpacking is a blast – until they lose their passports.
- I hesitated to include this one as my kids ALWAYS want to be carried and really, my back doesn’t need anymore stress (and my belly doesn’t need any punching) so I may skip over that part and focus on the traveling aspects…
- We did some virtual train trips back in Trains but there’s no reason you can’t try a new one, like this one through Scotland or this one through Greece.
- And since we can’t go traveling at the moment, why not do some virtual tours on YouTube. Here are the places the Heelers appear to visit on their back-packing adventures:
- France – One Day in Paris
- India – One Day in New Delhi
- Italy (Bandit says “Buongiorno” so at least I assume they’re in Italy?) – One Day in Venice
- When you’re done traveling, create a guide book for one of these destinations using Canva (or drawing one). You can research a bit of the country’s history and culture as well.
- Don’t forget your passports! Print out Aussie Passports for your kids to fill in and include their pictures.
- Make one of these varieties of super easy, not at all authentic, puff pastry croissants.
- Work off all those croissants with a mountain hike! Or you know, hike down the street or to a local walking trail. I recently found this app that shows you walking trails near you.